About Me

My photo
This blog has been lovingly created in honor of our precious Brady Benjamin, who was born and died on August 6, 2010. He was not ready for life in this world, but will forever live in our hearts. We love you Brady.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

How life can change in the blink of an eye

My husband Cody's tribute to Brady as part of his online memorial book:
I remember when Ashley told me we were pregnant with our 3rd child. We were so nervous about it, and how could we afford another child. As time passed, we got more and more excited. We looked for bedding and tried to figure out were we would put the kids in our 3 bedroom home. We weren't concerned if it was a boy or girl, but deep down inside as a daddy of course I wanted a boy.

The day we found out it was a boy, I posted it on facebook before we even left the sonogram. We were so excited. I spent many hours a day dreaming about the things we would do as father and son. Don't get me wrong, I love my little girls more than anything in this world. I was just excited to have a boy to fight with them.

On August 5th Ashley went to the doctor for a normal check up and I didn't think anything about it until Dr. Green called me on Ashley's phone. He told me they couldn't find Brady's heartbeat. My heart dropped, this can't be real.

My wife is the strongest person in this world to go through what she had to. I love her and my little girls more than anything, and will do whatever it takes to try and get us through this. Brady Benjamin Hanna, daddy will never forget you and will think of you every day. We love you more than you will ever know.

1 comment:

  1. "How life can change in the blink of an eye" - oh how I know... I wish I didn't, but in literally one blink, it can all be different. Hopes and dreams can all be washed away like a wave washing over the sand on the shore.
    But they say with every change something good has to come from it. Changes like this make me wonder.
    I have read your blog this evening and I am in tears. I am truly sorry for your loss. I was in your shoes just a few months earlier. Feel free to visit our story at wyattswhisper.blogspot.com.
    I will now be following your blog, as I feel I can really relate to you.
    Much love... Megan

    ReplyDelete